2022 FMS and Game Sense Workshop 22F10FMSG
How confident are you with teaching the movement sequence of each skill equipped with activities to develop your students? Are you looking to implement a game sense approach and want some support on where to start and how to develop?
Please note change of date to Friday 18th March due to venue requirements
La Trobe Sports Park, Bundoora
Fundamental movement skills (FMS) are the ‘building blocks’ and precursor movement patterns to the more specialised complex sport skills. Game sense is the development of tactical, technical, and strategic skills within in a game that can be transferred to similar themed sports. How confident are you with teaching the movement sequence of each skill equipped with activities to develop your students? Are you looking to implement a game sense approach and want some support on where to start and how to develop?
This workshop is here to support your knowledge and capacity to improve your school’s physical education program. Aimed at primary physical educators (Levels F-6) attending this one-day event will cover:
- Sequencing, assessing and teaching critical FMS within a game and/or sport theme context
- Linking motor skills and game concepts to develop tactical and strategic thinkers
- Understanding the different game categories and how to structure a theme based curriculum
- Understanding and confidence to teach FMS and game sense concepts through practical involvement in a range of activities
- Understanding of assessment ideas
Delegates will also be provided with ongoing support through our online learning platform.
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to engage in this fantastic professional learning offering to improve your practice and student learning!
ACHPER members: $240 | Non-members: $300
Registration is subject to ACHPER Victoria's Terms and Conditions available here
- Catering - tea / coffee on arrival, morning tea and lunch
- Resources and support materials
COVIDSafe Event Updates
This is a COVIDSafe event and will operate under the La Trobe University COVID policies relating to check in requirements, mask wearing and vaccination checks.
As per our Event Terms and Conditions, in the event that we cancel an event, a refund or credit note will be provided if an alternative delivery mode is unavailable.
In addition to our standard Terms and Conditions, the following will apply to anyone cancelling due to illness related to COVID19 or other extenuating circumstances including self isolation/close contact requirements.
- A substitute delegate can be nominated at no charge or a refund/credit note will be provided
- The current 14 day cancellation period will be reduced to 48 hours. If cancelling less than 48 hours prior to the event we will offer a refund minus the standard $50 fee to cover already incurred costs (such as catering).
- In line with our current Terms and Conditions, all cancellation requests and supporting information must be made in writing to [email protected]