35th AGM wrap up and ACHPER Victoria 2020 award winners announced
ACHPER Victoria's 35th AGM was held via Zoom webinar on Tuesday 4th May, 2021. Following a challenging 2020, it was fantastic to reflect on the year's achievements and discuss future plans for 2021 and beyond.
In accordance with ACHPER Victoria’s constitution, three Member-elected Board positions were announced. Congratulations to all nominees for their nominations and especially to our three re-elected Directors, Peter Wright (Current President), Kate Simpson (Current Vice President) and Chloe Dew. President and Vice President positions will be re-elected from within the Board in June.
In addition to Board announcements, ACHPER Victoria’s 2020 Award winners were shared in the annual report and declared at the AGM. Congratulations to Primary HPE Teachers, Kirsten Smith, Chloe Dew and Joanne Ritson for their Honour Awards recognition. These awards recognise individuals who have demonstrated dedication, passion and service to the advancement of ACHPER Victoria’s focus areas being Health, Physical, Outdoor and Recreation Education and who have done so with a strong connection to ACHPER Victoria and commitment to the profession.
We were also extremely proud to announce the recipients of 2020's Health and Physical Education Teacher of the Year were awarded to Daniel Thomas, Lysterfield Primary School (Primary) and Sara Villiers, Nossal High School (Secondary).
An official ceremony to celebrate all winners will be held later in 2021 to formally recognise all award recipients including:
- Outstanding graduating tertiary students
- Outstanding research in honours, masters and doctoral courses
- Outstanding contribution to ACHPER Victoria and the HPE profession through our Victorian
- Honour Awards
- Outstanding contribution to ACHPER and the HPE profession nationally through national award recognition as a Fellow, Life Member or Honorary award recipient(s)
- Excellence in relation to HPE Teachers’ professional knowledge, practice, innovation and engagement in the teaching of physical education, health education, and/or outdoor education
Thanks to all for joining us and heartfelt congratulations to our re-elected Board members and award winners. We can’t wait to celebrate with you all in person later this year.
For the full list of award recipients or information on ACHPER Victoria’s business activity and financial performance in 2020, please click here to view our latest Annual Report.
Learn more about our Board, click here or further information please contact us.