Call for Board nominations
Are you an advocate for the HPE profession and supporting active and healthy lifestyles? Do you have a contribution to make to the strategic direction of your professional association? We are calling for nominations for the ACHPER Victoria Board.
The Australian Council for Health, Physical Education and Recreation, Victorian Branch (ACHPER Victoria) has a vision for Active and Healthy Victorians and we achieve this by:
• Building the capacity of teachers to deliver high quality Health and Physical Education (HPE) in Victorian schools.
• Supporting schools to develop and implement whole of school approaches to physical activity, active recreation, active classrooms.
• Supporting schools and community organisations in the delivery of quality school sport.
• Acknowledging and supporting teacher wellbeing as fundamental to quality teaching and learning experiences.
Becoming an ACHPER Victoria Board Director is a brilliant way to contribute to your professional association, make a difference to the professional growth of others and to advocate for the importance of HPE and active and healthy Victorians.
It is the role of the Board to ensure the organisation remains relevant and sustainable. To do this, the Board must consider the needs of the HPE profession, now and into the future and ensure ACHPER Victoria has a strategic plan which will continue to position the organisation as the peak professional association for HPE in Victoria.
Our Board is comprised of ACHPER members who are passionate about our vision: Active and Healthy Victorians, and who connect with our mission: Enhancing, Supporting and Advocating for highest quality health and physical education in Victoria through effective engagement with teachers, schools and communities.
The Board is representative of our members and the broader health and physical education community therefore we are keen for individuals with a range of skills and experience from areas such as:
- Government relations
- Policy development and advocacy
- Practicing teachers (primary, secondary, VCE, tertiary) School leaders
- Academics and researchers
- Sport, recreation and health organisation Commercial/entrepreneurial
- Financial skills
- Marketing and communications
- Governance and organisational leadership
- Human resources and change management
If you are passionate about supporting active and healthy Victorians, being at the forefront of your profession and gaining valuable experience beyond your current professional role, why not nominate yourself to be a Director on the Board of ACHPER Victoria.
To learn more about being a Director visit our website.
To express your interest in becoming a Director of ACHPER Victoria, please click here to complete the nomination form >>
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO MEMBERS: as a member of ACHPER Victoria you are entitled to vote for the Directors who form the Board. Be sure to come along to the virtual AGM event on 10 May 2022 (SAVE THE DATE: more details via the website in April). Note: Student members are not eligible to vote or hold office.
If you have any questions regarding making a nomination, please feel free to contact Hilary Shelton, CEO [email protected].