Friday 18 February 2022
La Trobe University Bundoora
Teaching Primary PE: Back to Basics Workshop PLUS ongoing support package
As connections are key to facilitating a high quality PE program, in this workshop offering, we are taking things one step further. Rather than a ‘one off’ professional learning day, you will have access to a package of supported touchpoints throughout the year. The February workshop will unpack the fundamentals of teaching PE followed by ongoing check-in opportunities to embrace connections and develop a community of support with like minded individuals on the same learning journey.
- February – One day face-to-face workshop including four modules facilitated by Jo Ritson and supported by Laura Widdowson
- Effective teaching skills
- Developing a quality PE Program
- Practical FMS and Game Sense
- March – Online Q&A Check In session – An opportunity for the group to come back together to share any learnings you have implemented from the workshop and a chance to ask any questions of our PL team.
- May – Online Check In session to discuss ‘Assessment’ – Support with assessment tools to help you prepare for semester 1 reporting.
- September – HPE Virtual Staffroom – You are encouraged to join our regular HPE Staffroom sessions, including our September ‘Inclusion/Differentiation’ topic with practical tips and shared examples from the HPE community.
- November State Conference – A face-to-face check-in opportunity at the conference to reflect on the year and enjoy a coffee catch up.
- Ongoing platform ‘blended learning’ access with announcement forums and support from Jo Ritson, Professional Learning Coordinator.
- FREE set of ACHPER Victoria Curriculum Support Charts.
- Priority access to new Primary resources as they are released including a new eBook planned for release in early 2022.
To extend your knowledge of FMS and Game Sense, you might also like to check out our March FMS and Game Sense one day workshop.
ACHPER members: $272 | Non-members: $340 |
- Catering - tea / coffee on arrival, morning tea and lunch
- Resources and support materials
Registration is subject to ACHPER Victoria's Terms and Conditions available here