EOI now open to help develop ACHPER Victoria VCE® resources
Have you been involved in teaching VCE Physical Education (PE), Health and Human Development (HHD), Outdoor and Environmental Studies (OES), and VCE VET in Sport and Recreation for a few years and keen for a new challenge? If so, this fantastic opportunity is for you!
Each year ACHPER Victoria releases VCE® resources including Trial Exams and sample School Assessed Coursework documents (Sample SACs) for teachers use in VCE PE, HHD, OES and VCE VET in Sport and Recreation.
We are now accepting expressions of interest to join our team as VCE Resource Development Contractor to help develop new resources in 2021.
Reporting to the VCE Resources Project Manager (Professional Learning Coordinator), the VCE Resource Development Contractor will play an integral role in supporting the development of ACHPER Victoria’s Sample SACs from initial planning to publication, ensuring the values of inclusion, diversity and equity are evident in these high-quality products which meet the expectations of consumers, the broader education sector and the community.
The VCE Resource Development Contractor will engage with each writing team and VCE Resources Project Manager throughout the development, writing and editing processes, ensuring the timeline is adhered to. This process involves liaison with the Quality Control Reviewers and ACHPER Victoria to ensure appropriateness and factual accuracy of content. The VCE Resource Development Contractor will work closely with the VCE Resources Project Manager and Administration Coordinator to finalise tasks for publication.
The VCE Resource Development Contractor will have recent teaching experience within either VCE PE, HHD, OES and / or VET Sport and Recreation. VCE external examination assessment experience with VCAA is beneficial, but not essential. Working hours will vary from week to week depending on the phase within the development timeline (between 1-15 hours per week). All work can be completed remotely and allows for flexible working hours. When our office reopens post COVID-19 restrictions the VCE Resource Development Officer will be welcome to work from the ACHPER Victoria office.
- Oversee the development of Sample SAC tasks for 10 units
- Liaise with VCE Resources Projects Manager, Administration Coordinator, writers and reviewers throughout the development process
- Manage shared folders for resource development teams and send out documents via email where required
- Proof and edit tasks throughout the development process in consultation with VCE Resources Project Manager and Administration Coordinator
- Finalise tasks with Administration Coordinator for final approval by VCE Resources Project Manager
Applicants must submit an expression of interest letter and copy of CV to Adriana Pinder, Professional Learning Coordinator via email by COB Friday 28 November, 2020.
The expression of interest letter should address the following criteria:
- Explain why you are interested in this role
- Demonstrate experience in VCE teaching, assessment development and external examination assessment
- The work can be undertaken with flexible work arrangements – please provide information on any other roles you will be undertaking in 2021. This may include teaching work or roles with other resource providers or the VCAA.
To download position description, please click here >>
NOTE: The successful applicant will be asked to sign an independent contractor agreement, which includes a confidentiality clause and identification of potential conflicts of interest.
Please contact our Professional Learning Coordinator Adriana Pinder via email [email protected] with any specific questions you may have.