That’s a wrap on Teachers In Action 2021 virtual conference
The Teachers in Action conference brought together teachers and educators from across Victoria and other states of Australia in a virtual space that was buzzing with connection, learning and support.
A group of teachers from Darwin taunted us with sunny blue skies and views of the water, while others joined us from regional Victoria from Hamilton, Tooradin, Benalla, Bacchus Marsh, Ballarat, Swan Hill, Warragul, Geelong, Warrnambool, Mt Beauty, Gippsland, Bendigo, Moe, Orbost, Corryong and more.
Now the dust has settled, we’d like to take a moment to thank every single person who made our recent Teachers In Action 2021 virtual conference possible. This includes all 300+ delegates, our presenters, our exhibitors and conference sponsors.
Check out some of the highlights over on our Instagram page @achpervictoria.
Shout out to our presenters
A big thank you to our magnificent presenters for their excellent sessions, filled with expert knowledge, examples and applications that gave delegates much food for thought to take away and extend their own practices:
- Dr Billy Garvey Royal Children's Hospital & Murdoch Children’s Research Institute
- Tayla Harris Professional Athlete AFLW & Box Ed
- Chris Clark VCAA, Curriculum Manager - HPE
- Adriana Pinder ACHPER Victoria/Active Schools
- Dr Bernie Holland ACHPER Victoria/Active Schools
- Jo Ritson ACHPER Victoria
- Andy Hair ACHPER Victoria (Active Schools ESS)
- Wayne Schultz ACHPER Victoria (Active Schools ESS)
- Kirsten Smith ACHPER Victoria (Active Schools ESS)
- Rick Baldock ACHPER South Australia
- Dr Trent Brown Deakin University
- Dr lisahunter Monash University
- Ray Breed Swinburne University
- Olivia Goder OMG Yoga and Tintern Grammar
- Lauren Thomson Co-Owner of Box Ed Yarra Primary School
- Chloe Dew Black Hill Primary School
- Casey Young Exford Primary School
- Ann-Maree Dell'orso Parade College
- Sarah Hogan Yarra Valley Grammar
- Amanda Lucas Melbourne Girls College
- Joshua Simpson Pearcedale Primary School
- Aaron French Elsternwick Primary School
- Daniel Thomas Lysterfield Primary School
- Priscilla Ryles-Smith Norwood Secondary College
- Cameron Cox Norwood Secondary College
- Ashley Mills Penola Catholic College
- Ben Clark Keysborough Secondary College
- Andy Rae Keysborough Secondary College
- Sarah Wheadon Special Olympics Australia
- Robyn Percy Goulding Sunshine Special Developmental School
- Sara Villiers Nossal High School
- Anita Coffa Nossal High
- Alastair Doherty Tennis Victoria
- Kristen Hutchison Lacrosse Victoria
- Damien Orr Lacrosse Victoria
- Sean de Morton Cricket Australia
- Kaitlyn Greenhill Life Saving Victoria
- Brendan Bailey Family Planning Victoria
Thank you for sharing your wisdom with us and we hope you had as much fun as we did.
Shout out to our partners and exhibitors
It would not have been possible to deliver this virtual experience without our conference organisers and platform hosts, ICMS. A big thank you also to the following fantastic partners and exhibitors for their support of the conference including the wonderful prizes donated:
All exhibitor resources remain visible in their booths so we encourage you to continue to browse and download as many as you can for future reference!
Access to handouts and recordings
Within the conference portal, you can find the session handouts and recordings by accessing the main Agenda or Presenter and Resource Gallery via the pop up AirTouch device, using your portal login.
You will have access to recordings, handouts and live chat feed available to view On Demand in the virtual portal until 17 December 2021.
Following this date, recordings will be moved and accessible via logging in to myACHPER. We will contact everyone who has registered once these have been transferred across.
Your words mean so much to us!
If you attended the conference we would love to hear from you! Send us a short testimonial to share with our community about your experience at Teachers in Action 2021 and you will be entered into the draw to win 1 of 3 ACHPER Victoria 2021 polo shirts.
Submit your testimonial here >>
Here’s what some of your colleagues had to say:
“It was my first time attending this conference. The online platform was amazing to use, it was well set out and had lots of attention to detail. The sessions themselves were very engaging and exceeded my expectations. The speakers were prepared and gave amazing information and resources. I loved that even though it was online we were still able to interact and ask questions. The best part of it all was that it was recorded so anything that you need to re watch, you can. Thanks so much for such an amazing two days.”
"What a brilliant day...I feel like I have so much to take away to add and enhance what I have already been doing! Thank you presenters! Thank you ACHPER!"
Missed out on the conference?
If the above has given you fomo, don’t worry! There's still time to register and access the full digital experience including session recordings, handouts and valuable resources via the conference portal today.
The portal will remain open to view the 3D digital experience until 17 December and following this date all recordings will be made available to registered delegates via their myACHPER account.
Remember that engaging in professional learning is standard 6 of the Australia Professional Standards for Teachers of which this could form your 2022 PDP goal.
If there are any teachers who were inspired by this year’s presenters and are interested in sharing their knowledge with others, please get in contact with us anytime.
Should you have any questions or need a little help, please contact [email protected].