2023 Teaching Primary PE: FMS and Game Sense Workshop
Linked to the HPE curriculum this one-day workshop will guide primary school educators in teaching FMS and game play concepts and strategies.
How confident are you in understanding the movement sequence of fundamental movement skills, equipped with activities to develop your students? Are you looking to implement a game sense approach and want some support on where to start and how to develop?
Fundamental movement skills (FMS) are the ‘building blocks’ and precursor movement patterns to the more specialised complex sport skills. Game sense is the development of tactical, technical, and strategic skills within in a game that can be transferred to similar themed sports. How confident are you with teaching the movement sequence of each skill equipped with activities to develop your students? Are you looking to implement a game sense approach and want some support on where to start and how to develop?
This workshop is here to support your knowledge and capacity to improve your school’s physical education program. Aimed at primary physical educators (Levels F-6) attending this one-day event will cover:
- Sequencing, assessing and teaching critical FMS within a game and/or sport theme context
- Linking motor skills and game concepts to develop tactical and strategic thinkers
- Understanding the different game categories and how to structure a theme-based curriculum
- Understanding and confidence to teach FMS and game sense concepts through practical involvement in a range of activities
-Understanding of assessment ideas
Workshop delegates will also have access to ongoing support from our Professional Learning Team.
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to engage in this fantastic professional learning offering to improve your practice and student learning!
Presenters: ACHPER Victoria Professional Learning Team
Venue: Face to Face event at La Trobe Sports Stadium, Bundoora.
Registration Fee: ACHPER members: $272 | Non-members: $340
- Catering - morning tea and lunch
- Resources and support materials
Registration is subject to ACHPER Victoria's Terms and Conditions available here